I was tagged a while ago by the lovely ladies over at Mummy Central to do the 11 Things Meme. Sorry for taking so long to do it! These things always satisfy my inner teenager…
The rules are as follows:
1. You must post these rules
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
3. Answer 11 questions the ‘tagger’ listed for you
4. Create 11 new questions, and tag 11 people to answer them
5. Let each blogger know you’ve tagged them
So! Here are 11 things about me you may not know.
1. I have a phobia of cockroaches.
2. When I was at high school I won an award for being the top geography student in Scotland.
3. I got married to DorkyDad in a library.
4. I am allergic to cats.
5. I wrote my dissertation on tattooing. The tweed-suited bods in the University of Edinburgh’s History of Art department were not too impressed with that.
6. I can’t stand mushrooms.
7. My favourite book – my comfort book, which I read every year – is The Catcher in the Rye.
8. I have kept the same mobile phone number for the last 12 years.
9. I’ve never been a regular smoker, but I tried my first cigarette when I was eight, hiding in a sheep fank.
10. My favourite hotel is the W in Times Square, New York.
11. When I was a little girl I wanted to be called Belinda or Melissa.
Now here are my answers to Donna and Elizabeth’s questions.
1. If you could swap lives with someone for a day, who would you choose?
DorkyDad. I would love to see our life through his eyes, understand his job better, and have a different perspective on what I’m like to live with!
2. What is the most important thing you’ve lost?
Other than people, who are obviously the hardest thing to lose, the thing I most regret losing is the CD of photos I took when I visited Palestine. I have no way of getting them back – I only have low-res versions of about half a dozen that I’d uploaded to Facebook.
3. You win a million in the Lottery. What’s the first thing you’d do?
Go out and buy a bottle of champagne.
4. How many Facebook friends do you actually speak to on a regular basis?
5. What was your biggest misconception about motherhood/fatherhood?
Ooh crikey. That’s a hard one. I think I probably underestimated both how much fun it would be, and how hard it can be.
6. What is the most important thing blogging has taught you?
That sometimes the things that are hardest to put out there are the things that get the most rewarding reaction. It is always worth being honest.
7. Who’s your hero – and why?
I don’t really have heroes, sorry!
8. If you could choose to be reincarnated as an animal, which one would you be?
An otter. I would love to spend my days swimming, holding hands with my otter friends, and cracking oysters open on my chest.
9. What’s your best moneysaving tip?
Save your loose change in a jar and count it up every few months. You’ll be surprised how much it adds up to. And make your own lunch instead of buying sandwiches.
10. What advice would you give yourself, if you could go back 20 years in time?
I’d only be eight! I would tell myself not to waste my time or energy on people who don’t deserve it, and that I should never forget to have fun.
11. What’s your biggest pet hate?
People who live in a bubble and lack awareness of what’s going on in the world.
Here are my eleven questions for other bloggers to answer.
1. What are you most proud of?
2. Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
3. Which household chore do you most dislike?
4. What is your favourite season?
5. Do you have any guilty pleasures?
6. What’s the first website you look at when you turn your computer on?
7. If you were going to audition for Britain’s Got Talent, what would you do?
8. Who is your favourite artist?
9. Fancy dress parties: love them or hate them?
10. What is the best holiday you’ve ever had?
11. If you had me round for dinner, what would you cook?
I don’t think I know eleven bloggers who haven’t taken part in this yet! The meme started so long ago that most people have already done it. So I’m going to tag a handful of folk who I don’t think have done it (no pressure to take part though!) and if there’s anyone else who reads this and wants to join in, please do.
Mute Swann (who has just published her first ever blog post! Go over and give her some love…)