This is a perfect week for me to take part in Reasons to be Cheerful, because it has been a long week full of frustrating niggles and I’ve been feeling a bit grouchy. I’ve got a broken mobile phone… I’ve been struggling to find out what I’m supposed to do with my tax return… we got a puncture in a pram tyre when we were out shopping the other day… I’ve had two haircuts in ten days and I’m still not happy with it… my computer keeps crashing halfway through me filling out a form for insurance…
It has just been one of those silly weeks where little things have kept cropping up and taking up lots of time and effort to resolve. But it’s so good to keep them in perspective and realise that none of them are actually that big a deal. It’s also good to remember the many positive things we’ve got going on just now.
DorkySon is down for a nap, and I’ve got a cuppa beside me, so here goes; my reasons to be cheerful this week.
1. It has been a week of beautiful crispy clear, sunny days. Lovely for long walks with DorkySon and games of hide and seek in the park.
2. We’re going to a 3rd Birthday Party on Sunday with some people I like a lot, and it should be so much fun.
3. DorkySon has started giving us huge, full-on cuddles this week, wrapping his arms and legs tightly around us and saying things like “I am very lucky, Mummy. I love you so much, Daddy.” It doesn’t get any better than that.
4. DorkyGranny is planning a visit to come and see us soon. Hurrah!
5. We are off on holiday later this month. I can’t wait to see some family, soak up some sun, and visit a part of the world that I haven’t been to before. Like DorkySon, I think I am very lucky!
6. I’ve got two exciting new writing opportunities coming up next week.
7. I did a bit of holiday clothes shopping on Tuesday, and my January detox has helped me go down a dress size. I’ll feel much better sitting on the beach in a swimming costume than I would have done a month ago.
8. January was my busiest ever month on the blog and, while I’m not obsessed with my stats, it’s rewarding to get the feedback that makes me realise (some) people are enjoying (some of) what I’m writing.
So that’s me. Happy February, and happy Friday. Have a lovely weekend, and make sure you find time to pop over to Mummy from the Heart to see why other bloggers are feeling cheerful this week.